After reading Jana’s post at Daily Money Shot about her favorite iPhone apps I have been tempted to do my own. So after a couple of weeks I have finally got around to it. I have owned an iPhone since the iPhone 3G. I have recently upgraded to the iPhone 4 and although it was a poor choice financially I am very happy with it. I do not however, use my phone much for making phone calls. I know this may sound weird, but I use my phone mostly for the apps and texting.
When I first got my phone I stuck to the basics of having Facebook, my bank’s app, and my Rogers account app. Since then I have expanded my app-base to be 4 pages. If I would have to choose my top iPhone apps I cannot live without I would be picking the following 8:
1. Mint.Com - This is a frequent on many PF bloggers list. It allows me to make sure I am on budget at any time of the day.
2. TD Bank app - Lets me pay my bills on the go. If it wasn’t for this app I would have had many late payments.
3. Bejeweled Blitz - I am obsessed with this game. If I am bored, or have a minute or two (each game takes only a minute to play) you will usually catch me playing this.
4. Rogers My Account - Lets me track my phone usage. And see if my phone bill is due.
5. SoundHound - Ever hear a song on the radio that you really want? Use SoundHound to tell you exactly what song you are listening to, and the link to the iTunes store. This is similar to Shazam.
6.Millionaire, TradeFields, and iTrade - All different investing simulators. I have different strategies on each given app. Millionaire has my ETF strategy, TradeFields is my dividend stock portfolio, and my iTrade is my much more risky portfolio. They are up 14%, 8%, 35% respectively, a bit of useless information for you all.
7. iDashboard - Connects to my Google Analytics account for easy access to my stats. Yes I am one of those people that checks my stats way too much.
8. Facebook - I live quite far away from friends and family so I like to keep in touch through Facebook.
What are some of your favorite iPhone apps?